I started with this sketch by Julee Tilman for MOJO MONDAY For the sake of time, I went with the square option with a base being 5 1/2 inches on black. I love to build cards on black, it's forgiving and makes other colors pop!
- I cut the solid pieces 3 x 5 1/4 and 2 3/4 x 5 1/4, glued to base overlapping in the center.
- I picked a striped paper with glitter accents and cut it to 5 1/2 long by the width of the glitter stripes I wanted to show. Cover the center seam.
- I cut the black polka dot paper into a wide strip 1 3/4 x 5 1/2. The 2 strips extend to the edges of the black card base. *Extra steps ~ Inked the edges of the stripe and polka dots strips in Picked Raspberry so they wouldn't show white. Gave the dots a quick coat of Wink Of Stella in Clear and hit with a heat gun.
- Laid the dots opposite the stripes to form a cross.
- Punched circles in 2 1/2, 1 1/2, 1 1/4 inches. *Extra steps ~ inked the edges in Picked Raspberry. Layered the 2 1/2 inch circle on top of a 2nd circle in black for slight lift.
- Popped the medium up on foam tape, doubled the foam tape for the smallest circle for extra dimension.
- Arranged over the center of card to form a cluster, as shown in sketch, that showed off the decorative paper.