Tick -Tock & Polka Dots!

Tick-Tock! Tick-Tock!! Tick-Tock!! 
Do you ever have one of those days where you need to get something done and everyone, or everything, seems to be working against the clock?  That's when I turn to a card sketch and a coordinated paper pack to make things easier on myself. Pull out the trimmer and some punches and you are all set. Simple can be beautiful and a 'need it now' project can still have WOW impact with a few extra touches that take only seconds to achieve.  I considered adding texture to the solid base pieces with am embossing folder for a little extra oomph though I felt the patterns being used had a lot going on and it wasn't necessary. Sometimes, less is more, and more can be distracting.  Plus, the clock was working against me.

started with this sketch by Julee Tilman for MOJO MONDAY For the sake of time, I went with the square option with a base being 5 1/2 inches on black. I love to build cards on black, it's forgiving and makes other colors pop! 
Using Art Glitter Glue meant I could move things around for a second, if needed, but had zero drying time delays. Grabbed the trimmer  for 4 quick cuts. 
  1. I cut the solid pieces 3 x 5 1/4 and 2 3/4 x 5 1/4, glued to base overlapping in the center.  
  2. I picked a striped paper with glitter accents and cut it to 5 1/2 long by the width of the glitter stripes I wanted to show. Cover the center seam.
  3. I cut the black polka dot paper into a wide strip 1 3/4 x 5 1/2. The 2 strips extend to the edges of the black card base. *Extra steps ~ Inked the edges of the stripe and polka dots strips in Picked Raspberry so they wouldn't show white.  Gave the dots a quick coat of Wink Of Stella in Clear and hit with a heat gun.  
  4. Laid the dots opposite the stripes to form a cross. 
  5. Punched circles in 2 1/2, 1 1/2, 1 1/4 inches. *Extra steps ~ inked the edges in Picked Raspberry.  Layered the 2 1/2 inch circle on top of a 2nd circle in black for slight lift
  6. Popped the medium up on foam tape, doubled the foam tape for the smallest circle for extra dimension. 
  7. Arranged over the center of card to form a cluster, as shown in sketch, that showed off the decorative paper. 
I was able to showcase the glitter paper elements in such a way that I did not want to add anything else. Plus, I just love polka dots! I hope this post inspires you to try a card sketch to create something beautiful, even when time is short. 


Happy Crafting Y'all!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

BlueMoonScrapbooking

BlueMoonScrapbooking showcases the newest and best scrapbooking companies, Basic Grey, Tim Holtz, 7gypsies, Tattered Angels, Webster's Pages, Graphic 45 and MORE! We showcase the products with VIDEO and offer FREE Shipping for orders over $50.00.

Featured Post

Memory Dex Digital Cut Files

Read about my Etsy Shop  HERE .  Hello my crafty friends! I have been busy working on new designs and templates and cut files to sha...

About Me

I'm a Texas mom of adult kids who has been playing with paper my entire life. I love to create! What's more, I find that I am overall a happier person when I spend time creating things. Be it Art, Food or Decorations. I am an event coordinator by profession and have used my skills to create elaborate room designs, tablescapes, invitations and favors for weddings, parties of every occasion, fundraisers and corporate events. I create jewelry, stained glass and paintings but mostly, I love paper! Many of my projects are for others as gifts or swaps with other creative people I am blessed to call friends. I use tools to create pattern paper and embellishments to get the most bang for my buck. In my blog, I share my creations along with tips, tricks, techniques and tools used to get specific effects.