a 2nd batch. If you are not sure of how much you will use of any specific color, use less mica and alcohol.
Bottled water *see notes
Mica - L.A. Colors eyeshadow
Spray bottle *see notes
Glycerine **optional / drugstore
Acrylic paint **optional
*NOTES: use 70% alcohol undiluted or 90% alcohol
with a 60 alcohol to 40 water ratio. Dollar Tree Alcohol
is 50% concentrate, DO NOT ADD WATER!
Spray bottles ... You can buy travel bottle set OR a body spray bottle for same price. Depends on how much you want to make. Dump the body spray and rinse; do not wash with soap! It may still smell so pick something you like. Trim the tube at an angle so that it is not touching bottom of bottle.
- Remove eyeshadow brush and tap mica into bottom of the lid. Be patient, this takes a couple of minutes. Measure 1/4tsp mica and add to travel size bottle. The Dollar Tree bottles are 2.7oz.
- Add 1 TBSP liquid hairspray, swirl to combine. This is a binder and keeps the mica from flaking off when dry.
- Add alcohol until bottle is 3/4 full.
- OPTIONAL Add 3 drops glycerine for travel bottle. It helps with flow but increases drying time.
- Shake well without spray tube, use the solid cap or otherwise cover the opening.
- TEST on white paper. Add more mica as desired.
- If happy with shimmer color, add sprayer and cap. I recommend labeling with the color of eyeshadow used for future reference.
|Paint + Mica = Opaque color shimmer|
|Pearl + White Paint|
|Snow White adds a pearl shine to any project.|
|Sunshine add Gold shimmer|
|Lollipop is a vibrant Pink|
1/2 tsp mica was used here
|Gape Jelly adds a subtle Purple shine|
|Radiant is a Copper shimmer|