Making the Cut! FREE SVG Resources

I remember the infomercial like it was just yesterday!  This amazing little electronic machine I could order over the phone or pickup at Walmart if I were so lucky that they would ever have them in stock. It would cut specific images and select words in a variety of sizes up to 5 inches! Back in those days, I used die cuts regularly in my scrapbook business, for PTA signs and other school related projects. I was limited to the Ellison die library available in the school workroom or my friends super cool original Sizzix. Fast forward many years later and I now have my own original 'Big Red' Sizzix that I still use daily, and 3 Circuts! I saved and saved for that original model with the small 6 inch paper feeder, bought the the bigger Expression compete with CD rom design studio 2nd hand for a bargain, and was gifted the Explore Air by an amazing friend who loved hers so much she new that I would too. She was right, I love that thing! And the infinite possibilities the Design Space offers take projects to a whole other level. 

!Cameo and other electric diecut machine owners, read on! There are options for you as well! 

I appreciate that Cricut made it so you could link your older cartridges, since I have at least 12 years worth. And that there is an assortment of FREE SVG's in their library because I am still, after all, a crafter on a budget.  If you are using it daily and for a home based business, Access is the way to go for SVGs. As a budget crafter, I don't want to purchase every cartridge, or even every design and monthly Access, though a low price, is still not always a good option for the amount I use in any given month. So what's a crafty girl to do?

Do not despair! You will find many options available for FREE.   My favorite crafty word! 
First, we have to look to Cricut Design Space for what they have to offer. The most often overlooked option in Design space is their FREE THIS WEEK category.   Here is how to find it...
Open Design Space and click on insert image, then click categories, then on free this week. An entire set of themed images, usually from a specific cartridge in the Access library will come up. Click on the images you want to load to your mat and save to your projects. PLEASE NOTE! With recent updates, the images will be save but you can only cut them FREE of charge while they are in the FREE THIS WEEK category or you have paid for Access.  

FREE THIS WEEK  June 28, 2017  Cricut Design Space

Another great resource is MissKateCuttables offering a free design each day. You will need to set up an account, super easy, which also keeps your designs so you do not have to download them until  you are ready. The FREEBIE OF THE DAY might be an SVG, a digital paper or a font. The SVG images come with options to print instead of cut, print then cut the entire image and cut in layers. Super versatile and totally worth the 2 minutes a day to build your library. 

Check out LoveSVG.com for an assortment of FREE images and fonts for personal use. You can purchase the license very inexpensively should need that for your business. The images come as SVG, PNG, DXF and EPS.  No account registration required. They currently have a bundle with 40 hand lettered sayings.   Love this one   ------>>>

LovePaperCrafts.com has an assortment of FREE printables, digital paper, 3D projects, and SVGs. No account registration required. 

DreamingTree.com is another great source for FREE printables and SVGs. 

Of course, there is always the power of Pinterest and Google search to help find what you need if the sites above just don't 'cut it'.  Make sure to include my favorite crafty word, FREE, in your search option along with the format you hope to use; SVG, DXF, EPS or PNG to help narrow your search.  And please, save your files in your cut program for future use as many sites change availability of their cut or print files. 

Happy Crafting Y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlueMoonScrapbooking

BlueMoonScrapbooking showcases the newest and best scrapbooking companies, Basic Grey, Tim Holtz, 7gypsies, Tattered Angels, Webster's Pages, Graphic 45 and MORE! We showcase the products with VIDEO and offer FREE Shipping for orders over $50.00.

Featured Post

Memory Dex Digital Cut Files

Read about my Etsy Shop  HERE .  Hello my crafty friends! I have been busy working on new designs and templates and cut files to sha...

About Me

I'm a Texas mom of adult kids who has been playing with paper my entire life. I love to create! What's more, I find that I am overall a happier person when I spend time creating things. Be it Art, Food or Decorations. I am an event coordinator by profession and have used my skills to create elaborate room designs, tablescapes, invitations and favors for weddings, parties of every occasion, fundraisers and corporate events. I create jewelry, stained glass and paintings but mostly, I love paper! Many of my projects are for others as gifts or swaps with other creative people I am blessed to call friends. I use tools to create pattern paper and embellishments to get the most bang for my buck. In my blog, I share my creations along with tips, tricks, techniques and tools used to get specific effects.